The Pease House (600 1st Ave. S)
This two-story brick house is located along the east side of 1st Avenue SE (Iowa Highway 1).
The walls are made of locally manufactured brick, and the foundation is built of locally-quarried limestone.
The front-gabled section of the house was likely built first, probably by local builder Henry and/or William Albright using soft mud bricks made at Albright’s brickyard. The house was then enlarged in 1866, when L.L. Pease acquired the property.
There are three tall windows in the front room on the first floor of the c.1850s section of the house that also open as doors. Two frame porch additions on the rear of the house are post 1960.