Smith House #2 (201 2nd Ave. NW)
This two-story brick house sits on a large corner lot at the northwest corner of 2nd Avenue and 2nd Street NW.
The original section of the house, built circa 1864, is a two-story front gable. The two-story, side-gabled brick section on the north side was the first addition (1875-1876) and the two-story, front-gabled brick section on the rear (west side) was the second addition (1898).
The foundation is built of locally-quarried, rough-cut limestone blocks. The walls are built of locally-manufactured soft mud bricks. An easy way to recognize the house is to look for the concrete mounting block and hitching post that sit near the street.