Site of the first Methodist church in the city. Sold in the 1850s and enlarged by local school district as first school building. Methodist congregation moved up Main Street to present location and build a brick church @ 1860. This building is on the site of the school at 200 East Main Street. High School built on the site in 1925, became Middle School (Junior High) in @1971. Sold to private party (R. Elliott) in 2008.