Built by group of businessmen as a hotel across the street from Guild or Mount Vernon House Hotel (1914). Located next to water tower in Memorial Park. Purchased by the college and used as a dormitory until the 1970s. Given to city by Cornell – city demolished it.
Made of St. Louis pressed brick, three stories, basement; first floor was offices, lobby, dining room & kitchen; second floor was ladies parlor, sleeping rooms; third floor sleeping apartments. Total of 26 rooms – two suites on each floor with bath and lavatory — hot water (radiator) heat.
(Mt.V. Centennial Book p 108; 1905 ROYAL Purple (Cornell yearbook). p.160 -with picture of original front porch.)
First Street 300 block